Dr Shaw is a lecturer in Further Education at Edge Hill University, Ormskirk. She also offers philosophy courses at the School of Continuing Education, Lifelong learning, at the University of Liverpool. In 2015, she has completed her Doctorate in philosophy with a focus on existentialism, the equilibrium doctrine and narrative. She has worked as a teacher of English and Comparative literature and Philosophy at The American University in Cairo, Egypt where she also obtained her BA (Hons). Dr Shaw has an MA in Philosophy and Literature from the University of East Anglia where she also taught on a number of humanities subjects. Whilst working in North Wales in Further education, she gained a PGCE aimed at teaching in FE and HE sectors. Dr Shaw moved to Liverpool in 2010 where she now resides.
Interests: Existentialism, Narrative, Comparative Literature, Feminist Thought, Public Speaking, Arab Existentialism, Philosophy of Education, Art, Music, Film and Theatre, Greek Mythology, Existential counsellor and psychotherapist.
Thursday, 19 April 2012
15 Things my Mum keeps telling me
2. Wake up smiling
3. Be the first to say Hello
4. Be a good listener
5. Always call people with their names
6. Deal with another person as if he/she is the most important person in the world.
7. Keep a note of birthday dates
8. Start with a compliment
9. Surprise the one you love
10. Keep your loved ones close
11. Make someone smile every day
12. Dress every day as if it is the most important day
13. Forgive yourself and other will forgive you
14. Always say please and thank you
15. Live every minute in life as if it is your last.